Monday, July 12, 2010

Confident Expectation

When G wakes up, I rock him in our rocking chair.  The other day we were rocking, when he wiggled down and trotted off across the room.  I figured he was going to get The Comfort Object.  But instead he grabbed this:
(picture of a train on tracks, made at day care)


He turned around with it, and caught my eye - BEAMING with pride.  Everything about G indicated his confident expectation that I was going to love what he had made.


That blows me away.


Some day I'll write about my perspective on adoption.  You might be surprised to know that I don't think it's the greatest thing in the world.  But I will say this...


Every child deserves to know that someone will absolutely revel in their artistry.  Every child deserves to have that confident expectation... the knowledge that, for their parent(s), they are positively amazing.

G is realizing that he has that now.  Ah-yah-yee-ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment